which is primarily as a result of good teaching and very positive relationships across the whole academy.’ Ofsted
6th Form | Care, Support & Guidance
6th Form Tutors
The 6th Form Tutor is a central figure for students at The Langley Academy. Tutors have pastoral oversight for a group of students in separate Year 12 and Year 13 Tutor Groups (arranged according to subjects). The Tutors meet with their students daily during House Tutor Time between 10:00 – 10:30.
All tutors have an overview of each student within their Tutor Group and should be the first point of contact between the student, and or parent.
- Monitor attendance and behaviour
- Monitor academic progress
- Provide Information, Advice, Support and Guidance
- Encourage engagement in 6th Form, Academy life and the wider community
- Support students through the UCAS process by co-ordinating and drafting references
- Support the student to develop socially, culturally, morally and spiritually