which is primarily as a result of good teaching and very positive relationships across the whole academy.’ Ofsted
6th Form | Entering Year 13
When enrolling into The Langley Academy 6th Form you are making a commitment to complete your AS level or BTEC course with us. It should not be assumed that you will automatically continue with A2 Levels. Entry into Year 13 will be dependent on the following conditions:
- You must have attendance above 95.5% to all lessons. You must demonstrate a commitment to your learning and progress throughout the Academic Year i.e. meeting deadlines, completing extra reading...
- You must arrive punctually to all lessons
- You must have an exemplary behaviour record
- You must dress appropriately at all times
- You must participate in CAS activities
Please note that students must return to The Langley Academy at the end of the AS module exams in order to commence Year 13 courses. Failure to do so will result in the student not being able to enrol into Year 13.
Entry Requirements for Progressing Level 3 Courses into Year 13
The minimum entry requirement to progress from Year 12 into Year 13 for Level 3 students is:
- 3 A-D grades at AS level, for students wishing to continue with A2 levels in 3 subjects
- Completed 10 BTEC assignments to at least PASS level by the end of Year 12
All students wishing to continue onto A2 levels must enrol on AS/A2 results day.