which is primarily as a result of good teaching and very positive relationships across the whole academy.’ Ofsted
Parents/Carers | Free School Meals
From February 2015, The Langley Academy will be using the Eligibility Checking Service (ECS) provided by Slough Borough Council to administer Free School Meals. This will reduce the amount of information we are required to check and the time taken to process applications. The advantage of using the ECS is that data collection for each claimant will only need to occur once.
If you are already on the FSM register at the Academy, you will still need to complete this form so your records are on the new database and we would never need to ask you for proof of eligibility again. For new claimants - If you are unsure about whether you’re entitled, please check your eligibility on the form as many parents are entitled and are not claiming. All enquiries are treated in the strictest of confidence.
Children of parents who are in receipt of one of the following benefits may be eligible for Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190 for financial year 2014-2015.
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
The FSM ECS checks data from DWP, HMRC and the Home Office. This means that you are unlikely to need to provide proof of your benefits to the Academy.
You can now apply for Free School Meals in two ways:-
- Simply fill in the Application Form and return/email to Ms Jagdev at the Academy: email@example.com. The form MUST have the following to be processed through the ECS:
- Surname of applicant
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- National Insurance Number (NI) or National Asylum Support Service Reference Number (NASS).
- Alternatively, you can apply online on the SBC website using the following link:- https://www.slough.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/free-school-meals-form.aspx
Once an application has been received, we would aim to process it within 48 hours. If you complete a paper form, the Academy will inform you whether or not you are entitled to free meals. If you complete the online application, you will receive an email or text from SBC letting you know your entitlement.
Thank you for your co-operation.